Windows Azure SDK for PHP
Deprecated in favor of the new SDK on
The Microsoft Windows Azure team has released a
new Windows Azure SDK for PHP. This release is part of an effort to keep PHP client libraries up to date with new Windows Azure features and to make PHP a first-class citizen in Windows Azure. The latest client libraries are on
GitHub. While the SDK hosted on here will continue to work for the foreseeable future, it is strongly recommended that new PHP/Windows Azure applications use the SDK hosted on
1. What is Windows Azure SDK for PHP?
As part of Microsoft’s commitment to Interoperability, this open source project is an effort bridge PHP developers to Windows Azure. The Windows Azure SDK for PHP is an open source project to provide a software development kit for Windows Azure and
Windows Azure Storage.
- Enables PHP developers to take advantage of the Microsoft Cloud Services Platform – Windows Azure.
- Provides consistent programming model for Windows Azure Storage (Blobs, Tables & Queues)
- PHP classes for Windows Azure Blobs, Tables & Queues (for CRUD operations)
- Helper Classes for HTTP transport, AuthN/AuthZ, REST & Error Management
- Manageability, Instrumentation & Logging support
- Support for storing PHP sessions in Azure Table Storage
- Management API client
- Diagnostics client
- Command line tools set for
View the Documentation page of this project or the
Windows Azure PHP website maintained by the Microsoft Interoperability Team.
2. Project contributors
Windows Azure SDK for PHP is an open source collaboration project driven by
RealDolmen and Microsoft
The RealDolmen Microsoft Competence Centre is occupied with the supply of made-to-measure professional Microsoft solutions to customers and is the largest Microsoft integrator in Belgium. RealDolmen has over 10 years
of experience of complete implementation of Microsoft projects in terms of strategy, architecture, implementation, integration of systems, maintenance, training as well as support.
Microsoft is the project sponsor and provides Architectural & Technical Guidance on its
Windows Azure platform.
Zitec, feedback and testing