php_azure.dll with Full-IIS mode...

Feb 24, 2011 at 6:22 AM

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but I couldn't find any other open forum to ask...

1. Is php_azure.dll compatible with the 1.3 sdk?
  2. Is php_azure.dll compatible with Full-IIS mode in the Azure Fabric?

Thank you for your help.

Larry

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2011 at 9:57 AM

1. Yes, it should. But I'll verify and post an updated version if needed on http://phpazurecontrib.codeplex.com

2. Should be, yes

Feb 25, 2011 at 4:40 AM

I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work in azure.  The only thing that I have not attempted was to set the environment variable but that would be a bit of an extreme step to have to take on an azure deploy, actually I will give that a shot to be sure, but again it is a bit extreme to have to set the path var to get it to work.  :(

Feb 25, 2011 at 5:31 AM

I have found one other way around this, but the solution doesn't make me very happy either. In my configure-php.cmd file that I run when the role starts I add a command to copy all the dll's from base\x86 to the php directory.  This seems to work, but seems dirty.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I will get this to the team...

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:29 AM

I did some other testing and finally found a startup script that would get this to work.  If you put a startup task in to your csdef with the following line the module will load perfectly.

powershell -command [Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable('Path', $env:RoleRoot + '\base\x86;' + [Environment]::GetEnvironmentVariable('Path', 'Machine'), 'Machine')

With this last hurdle out of my way in a cleaner manner I can get my posts up on getting PHP to work with Full IIS with out WebPI.

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2011 at 10:22 AM

This is the recommended approach.

Sent: vrijdag 4 maart 2011 7:30
To: maarten@balliauw.be
Subject: Re: php_azure.dll with Full-IIS mode... [PHPAzure:247363]

I did some other testing and finally found a startup script that would get this to work. If you put a startup task in to your csdef with the following line the module will load perfectly.

powershell -command [Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable('Path', $env:RoleRoot + '\base\x86;' + [Environment]::GetEnvironmentVariable('Path', 'Machine'), 'Machine')

With this last hurdle out of my way in a cleaner manner I can get my posts up on getting PHP to work with Full IIS with out WebPI.