Is it possible to skip 'package create' step and do it within Visual Studio?

Dec 1, 2011 at 9:13 PM
Edited Dec 1, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Apologies in advance when I am asking so many questions recently, I need to know if PHPAzure can be a liable solution for my needs.

I was thinking if the last step of scaffolding that is creating the package could be done in Visual Studio instead, that would give the .NET developer a lot more power how to configure things accordingly.

package create -in="%CD%\build\WordPress" -out="%CD%\build" -dev=false

I have created a Azure Cloud Project in Visual Studio and copied pretty much the ServiceDefinition and Configuration files over.

Only major difference is to specify the path of the WordPress site from relative path to absolute path.

<Site name="WebRole" physicalDirectory="C:\Projects\VC\WordPress\build\WordPress\WebRole">
        <Bindings>
          <Binding name="Endpoint1" endpointName="HttpEndpoint" />
        </Bindings>
      </Site>

I also have added from the C:\Projects\VC\WordPress\build\WordPress\WebRole\bin all the CMD and ps1 files into the WebRole, so that they can be executed.

Once everything is packaged succesfully and the Staging deployment is up, I would get the following error message:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

When I remote Desktop into it, I can see that two log files are created.
startup-tasks-error-log:
	The term 'Restart-Computer' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file. Verify the term and try again.At E:\approot\bin\add-environment-variables.ps1:12 char:25+         Restart-Computer <<<< The system cannot find the path specified.

startup-tasks-log

"Adding extra environment variables..." 
GAC    Version        Location                                                 ---    -------        --------                                                 True   v2.0.50727     D:\windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Se...

"Added extra environment variables." Installing PHP runtime... Starting PHP installation... Completed PHP installation. Installed PHP runtime. 

This indicates that the tasks must have been running.  So I don't understand, what could have gone wrong.

Does the package create -in="%CD%\build\WordPress" -out="%CD%\build" -dev=false actually do some more magic behind the scenes that Visual Studio can't do? :)

Many Thanks,
Houman