PermaLinks problems with latest WordPress 3.3

Dec 24, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Hey Ben,

When I tried to change the permalinks to "Month and name" option I get this:

If your web.config file were writable, we could do this automatically, but it isn’t so this is the url rewrite rule you should have in your web.config file. Click in the field and press <kbd>CTRL + a</kbd>to select all. Then insert this rule inside of the /<configuration>/<system.webServer>/<rewrite>/<rules> element in web.config file.

<form action="http://www.chasebot.com/wp-admin/options-permalink.php" method="post">

<rule name="wordpress" patternSyntax="Wildcard">
					<match url="*" />
						<conditions>
							<add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true" />
							<add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true" />
						</conditions>
					<action type="Rewrite" url="index.php" />
				</rule>

</form>

If you temporarily make your web.config file writable for us to generate rewrite rules automatically, do not forget to revert the permissions after rule has been saved.

Even if I made the entire folder to be writeable, this changes would be lost when the VM restarts, right? I was expecting this to be saved in database.
Maybe something has changed in WordPress 3.3 that needs to be adjusted in the scaffolding?

Cheers,
Houman

Editor
Dec 24, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Houman,

Nope, that is not stored in the database. The web.config file is an IIS file and not specific to WordPress itself, it is just what WordPress uses to setup the permalinks.

Ben